To submit to Foreword, you can email your piece to one of the editors (Dan: firstname.lastname@example.org or Sharlene: email@example.com). Here are a few guidelines for each section to get you started!
Happenings covers current affairs and political issues
- Find a specific topic to focus on, as this helps to guide your writing
- Be clear and concise; if you can use one word rather than three, use one. Try not to overwrite.
- Aim for around 1000 words; this is a rough guideline
- Feel free to submit a series of articles.
Humankind is about growing up in the modern world and includes anonymous monologues, where anyone can write about their experiences with mental health issues or growing up-specific problems.
- Monologues and Humankind aim to promote a greater understanding of our generation’s experiences
- The monologues in particular look to cover mental health, but are not limited to
- The anonymity encourages those who are not particularly confident to write, allowing people to express themselves more confidently. It also means that people can relate directly to the stories.
- The anonymity should be upheld and respected to the fullest extent- if you submit, please do not reveal that you have written the monologue on social media or in person. We ask that readers do not speculate who wrote the articles; this is unfair on those who have written or who may wish to write in the future
Not Just Other Stuff
- The aim is to entertain. It is helpful, but not compulsory, if it is socially relevant
- We welcome poetry, satire and creative writing